Monday, October 4, 2010

Spoons.....

Sarah and I ventured to the Oktoberfest Friday evening. We seen a lot of old friends and spent a lot of time catching up with them. We loaded up on cinnamon rolls and kettle corn. I had to buy the larger bag of popcorn so that I could share with Daddy. Afterwards we went to Pat's house. Pat is Sarah's feller. He just happens to have three persimmon trees in his backyard. Some of them had fallen and we picked those up, but the majority of them won't fall till the first frost. I told Pat, no more going out to the bottoms for me, I will just come to your house. There's an old wise tale, that if you open the seed of a persimmon you will find the shape of a fork or a spoon. Fork represents not much snow and a spoon....well, you don't want to see one of them. The one I opened was a....spoon. I did read they were predicting 14" of snow for the month of January. But we'll see.
Sarah was all for the snow, she bought a new SUV last week and it's all wheel drive and she wants to see how it drives.....Sarah always did like to play in the snow. When she was a little girl she couldn't wait to go play in the snow. She always kept a scarf handy for the snow lady. Guess some little girls never really grow up!!

No comments: