Monday, October 18, 2010

Ethan

As I came into work the other morning, the girls were talking about the wreck at Crane Hill. I began reading the article and the young man killed was, Ethan Shirley. As our customers came in they mentioned the wreck also. I felt a sense of sadness for the family and continued through the day and didn't think much of it.
Sunday was our regular Floral Convention meeting in Frankfort, Ky. As Thomas and I made our way into the meeting room they were talking about Eathan. I was stunned and heart broken to hear that Eathan was Dale's son. I've known Dale going on 15 years. Dale is originally from Bedford where he once owned the local floral shop. He has lived in Frankfort for quite some time. Dale is a very gifted floral designer and a good friend. We've set in the design room at convention many times and talked about our children, life and religion. We've shared a drink or two and even boogied on the dance floor. Not only is he an awesome designer but he has moves that make women week in the knees. My heart goes out to Dale and his family. Parents are not suppose to bury their children, but life doesn't always go as we would like.

No comments: